Where do you start if you want to develop a digital marketing strategy? Well, I don’t think it needs to be a huge report, a strategy can best be summarised in two or three sides of A4 in a table linking digital marketing strategies to SMART objectives. Yet despite this, it seems that many organisations still don’t have a plan.
That’s why it’s critical to sit down and create some plan… any plan. Taking a even a half hour to sit down and plan is better than just winging it. Here’s the top reasons why you must plan in order to be successful with content marketing:
1. You’re directionless
2. You won’t know your online market share
3. Existing and start-up competitors will gain market share
4. You don’t have a powerful online value proposition
5. You don’t know your online customers well enough
6. You’re not integrated (“disintegrated”)
7. Digital doesn’t have enough people/budget given its importance
8. You’re wasting money and time through duplication
9. You’re not agile enough to catch up or stay ahead
10 You’re not optimizing
Check out the 10 reasons you need a digital marketing strategy in 2017 on even more detail on each of these top reasons why you must have a strategy for your inbound marketing.