Today I’ll share a tip on something we use just about every day.
Have you ever been on a site and wondered how they did something? Or maybe you saw a sidebar widget that you thought looked cool?
Here’s how we use 2 tools for collecting information about any website or page right within your browser.
It is nice to be able to quickly understand how something was built. For us, we like to stay on the cutting edge of things, know what is out there, and always be thinking about innovation.
These two plugins/addons for Chrome and Firefox allow you dive as deep as possible into almost any website and reveal:
- What WordPress Theme are running, it will also share Joomla and Drupal sites
- What plugins they have installed
- Page and Alexa rank information
- Quick links to the WhoIs information for that domain
- The technology behind how a site is built
These tools have come in handy more times than I can count.
Once again we created a the above video that covers both of the tools, or you can click the links below to go right to the download pages:
Hope you find as much value in these tools as we have.